Submission of request for information
A request for information shall set out the following information:
given name and surname of the person making the request for information;
* the name of the legal person or agency in the case of a request for information made on behalf of an agency or legal person;
* the contact details of the person making the request for information (postal or electronic mail address, telephone number), through which the holder of information could release the information or contact the person making the request for information;
* the content of the information or the type, name and content of the document requested, or the requisite information on the document know to the person making the request for information;
* the manner of complying with the request for information.
We would like to draw your attention to the fact that not every request is a request for information. A request for information is for asking specific information that already exists in an agency.
A memorandum (§ 2 of the Response to Memoranda and Requests for Explanations Act) shall mean an address presented by a person whereby he or she makes a proposal to the addressee for the organisation of the work of an agency or body or the development of an area; provides information to the addressee.
A request for explanation ((§ 2 of the Response to Memoranda and Requests for Explanations Act) shall mean an address presented by a person whereby he or she requests from the addressee information which requires analysis, synthesis of the information possessed by the addressee, or collection of additional information; requests a legal explanation provided for in § 3 of the mentioned Act.
A challenge (§ 71 of Administrative Procedures Act) shall mean an address of a person who finds that his or her rights are violated or his or her freedoms are restricted by an administrative act. Requirements for filing a challenge
Response terms* a request for information shall be responded to immediately but no later than within 5 working days
* a memorandum or a request for explanations shall be responded to immediately but no later than within 30 calendar days of its registration
* if you ask an assessment or advice from an agency, draw attention to deficiencies then it is not a request for information and in such case the response term is longer